Whether you’re planning to splurge on a full-blown bathroom renovation or you just want a quick fix to liven things up, here are 25 ways to update your bathroom that will instantly refresh a much-used space.
1. Redecorate and update the bathroom with a clear vision. Pick a theme and stick with it.
2. Ornate moulding and panelling, or a Baroque-inspired accent like a large mirror with a detailed frame, is a stylish way to update a contemporary bathroom.
3. Update your bathroom accessories by investing in a new and matching bathroom set.
4. A new bath mat and towels are an excellent, budget-friendly way to reinvigorate the washroom.
5. Peel-and-stick wall decals are making it easier to add interest to blank spaces. Pair graphic walls with ultramodern fixtures for an easy update to the bathroom.
6. A fresh coat of paint or a new, interesting wallpaper instantly rejuvenates walls.
7. Hide unsightly cleaning products and accessories by hanging a convenient over-the-door carry-all on the inside of cabinet doors for extra storage.
8. Use colourful or printed towels for bathrooms with a neutral decor or neutral coloured or white towels for a bold, graphic decor.
9. A new shower curtain and rings is an easy (and inexpensive) way to update your bathroom’s decor.
10. Pretty wallpaper samples sprayed with your favourite perfume make refreshing, personalized scented drawer liners.
11. Add artwork, like a photo of a beautiful beach taken on a recent vacation or a cheap black and white print, to liven up empty walls.
12. Give your shower stall a fresh feeling by cleaning the tile with grout cleaner.
13. Add personality to your cabinets with new hardware like pretty door knobs.
14. Paint the bathroom ceilings a lighter colour than the walls. Consider pale blue, silvery green or buttery yellow to achieve an open and airy effect.
15. Install tilted mirrors, which can be used by people of all heights.
16. Scented candles will create a nice ambiance and provide a fresh scent. Just be careful not to leave them burning unattended.
17. Opt for a floating vanity, which will create the illusion of space in a small bathroom.
18. Consider using antibacterial tile that will kill nasty bathroom bacteria when it is exposed to sunlight or artificial UVA light.
19. Get a luxurious look using dark finished gold bathroom fixtures, like faucets.
20. Clear clutter from the corners of your tub and shower stall by hanging a functional shower caddy.
21. Switch to a low-litres-per-flush toilet that, over the course of a year, can save thousands of litres of water in your household.
22. Consider updating the counters with a subtle, upscale and innovative laminate.
23. Install extra display and storage space by putting a shelf above the toilet; it’s the perfect home for fresh, crisply folded towels.
24. Organizing is one of the best ways to update your bathroom. Throw away old cosmetics and medicines and store items that might be hanging around on the back of the toilet or on the countertop like toilet paper rolls, hair brushes, etc.
25. Update your showerhead with a new multiple-shower or rain-shower spray. These reduce water consumption and provide a well-pressurized shower.
Source: Marissa Liu